Database Change Management
You never develop code without version control, why do you develop your database without it?
Liquibase is an open source (Apache 2.0 Licensed), database-independent library for tracking, managing and applying database changes. It is built on a simple premise: All database changes are stored in a human readable yet trackable form and checked into source control.
- Merging changes from multiple developers
- Code branches
- Multiple Databases
- Managing production data as well as various test datasets
- Cluster-safe database upgrades
- Automated updates or generation of SQL scripts that can be approved and applied by a DBA
- Update rollbacks
- Database ”diff“s
- Generating starting change logs from existing databases
- Generating database change documentation